Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Last day!!!

Soooo, it's my last full day in Chapel Hill before leaving for Prague!

The day has mostly been filled with last-minute errands and packing that probably shouldn't have waited quite this long. I have a few more people to whom I am hoping to say goodbye at some point tonight, but to anyone that I didn't have time to see one last time: SORRY! I'm going to miss everyone so much, but 4 months away will make coming home for the spring semester all the more exciting, right?

I'm a little nervous to leave... probably a lot of that has to do with not knowing how to speak any Czech. Thankfully, I have a phrase book to study on the plane ride, and I'll be taking a Czech language class once I'm there. It will be interesting taking a new foreign language since I've never taken anything other than Spanish!

I think that my classes should be interesting (and hopefully fairly easy), and I'm hoping to join a chorus of some sort. I'll keep you posted on that one since I have no idea what (if any) opportunities there will be, but I think it would be a good way to meet some Czech people since my classes will be with all American students.

Anyway, that's probably enough rambling for now. My next entry will be from Prague and should therefore be much more interesting!

No comments: