Well, the Frankfurt airport tricked me into thinking that there might be free wireless, but alas, there is not. So, I’m sitting here writing this in a word document to be uploaded to the blog later. It has been a very eventful day of travel…
I was actually supposed to be in Prague 2 hour ago, but my flight from Charlotte got in a little bit late, and then there was another plane at our gate that hadn’t left yet. So, after waiting for that plane to leave, I missed my connecting flight from Frankfurt to Prague. I was told that I would be re-booked onto the next flight and just had to go pick up my boarding pass.
Well, by the time I finally got to the right place, there was a HUGE line, including a group of 50 or so Asian students. Normally that would be Heatha heaven (tee hee), but basically the line took forevvvver. In typical airport fashion, there were 2 attendants helping the basically non-existent first-class line while only 1 or 2 people helped the other 60 of us in the economy-class line.
I was also frustrated and upset by the fact that I was supposed to call my program if I missed my flight because they were expecting to pick me up at the Prague airport, but I couldn’t get out of line to use a pay phone. Since I spent so long re-booking my ticket, I didn’t get to call the program director until after I was already supposed to be in Prague. Luckily, they didn’t seem to mind. (p.s. European pay phones are tricky, and I felt like an idiot, haha)
On a slightly more interesting note, the guy sitting next to me for the long flight from Charlotte to Frankfurt is actually studying abroad in Prague this semester as well. He goes to NC State and is going with an NC State run program, so it’s good to know that there will be lots of other North Carolinians over there this semester! I’m sure people from my program will be running into students from their program at various points throughout the semester.
I am feeling slightly light-headed and shaky due to a lack of sleep and real food, but other than that, I made it here intact. Anyway, my new flight leaves Frankfurt at 12:15 and gets into Prague at 1:15. Hopefully this last leg will go smoothly, and my bags will magically meet up with me in Prague!
.......
I made it!!! I'm finally here in Prague, and so is all of my luggage :)
The flight from Frankfurt to Prague ended up being relatively interesting afterall. They ended up changing our plane, and they said that we might end up in different seats... thus creating mass chaos in an attempt to board the plane. No zones, no nothing, haha. We ended up all sitting in our previously assigned seats for the most part, so I'm not really sure what the big fuss was all about.
After getting here, we checked into the dorm (which is AWESOME!) and headed out to buy some stuff from the Tesco. We also stopped by the Vodafone store and picked up some Czech cell phones. Fun stuff.
Anyway, this entry is long enough. It is so nice to finally be here!
18 years ago
3 comments:
Hey Heather! It sounds like you're having fun already! :-) My friend went to Prague with the NC State program. She really enjoyed it. I'm sure you'll have fun too! :-) I miss seeing you in my Linguistics classes, but I'm sure that being in Prague will be much much much better than linguistics class! ;-) Have fun and I'll be thinking of you!
hey Heather sorry I keep on missing you. I love you and I'll talk to you later. Have fun!!!
Oh my gosh, I remember Tesco! I went to a huge one that had an underground level. So excited to hear what you are up to... love you!
Post a Comment